Translate

Friday, February 1, 2013

The Hulk Shake

Veggies, Veggies, Veggies!
I preach this to all my athletes and general populations all the time. I know we all heard this as kids and might have had some traumatic experiences with Brussels sprouts. However, they really are the key to success in training and an overall healthier lifestyle.

Eating 6-8 servings a day can seem nearly impossible and will be tough for most people. But what about drinking them?

This is my recipe that has come to be known as "The Hulk Shake". Here is the recipe, (remember I am not a measuring type when it comes to shakes)

1 handful of spinach or kale
1 handful of broccoli slaw (Trader Joes)
1/2 a cucumber
1 handful of pineapple or mango chunks
1/2 a cup of apple juice

Options:
You can substitute apple juice with pear cider or other light fruits. Nuts are great to throw in and sometimes I throw in chia seeds. The key is to get in at least 3 vegetables in this.
Also, you can throw in a neutral flavor protein if you want, but I have made it as a morning veggie drink and like to get my proteins from other foods.

Try it and let me know what you think! I guarantee you will feel the energy of the hulk.

(A big thank you to my mom who inspired me to the Hulk Shake)



No comments:

Post a Comment