Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Generation UCAN



I grew up playing soccer my entire life and played at the collegiate level for Westmont College. I continue to play in a few leagues during the week and last Sunday got to do a little experimenting. At Prevail Conditioning we sell Generation UCAN products which are sports nutrition products. The Sports Drinks are powered by SuperStarch, which is their highly researched carbohydrate nutrition drink (used with non-GMO corn by the way!). Many of my teammates chug 5 hour energy or Red Bull energy drinks before the game and I always tell them there is a better product out there! As many of you coaches, athletes, trainers know, most of the time the best way to figure out what works is to try it yourself.

Generation UCAN is clinically proven to work and provides a consistent release of energy to your body. With the enhanced fat burn and speedy recovery because of the stable glucose levels, this is a must have product for all your athletes. Here is my trial with UCAN.

THE EXPERIMENT

I play a full 90 minutes each Sunday game and never really reach exhaustion, but more general fatigue. I was interested in the product because I eat a few hours before the game and most of my fatigue comes from my body dying for some food. However, if I eat too close to the game I have to deal with annoying stomach disturbances for the first 45 minutes (some of you may sympathize). Also, after my games I am so exhausted and it takes me forever to recover. Keep in mind I am constantly training and stay up with my conditioning, so it has nothing to do with with my energy system levels.

The UCAN Pre-workout Sports Drink claims to NOT bother the stomach, cause a rapid insulin spike, or cause an after crash.

I mixed the UCAN with 16 oz. of water 30 minutes before my game. I wasn't hit by an electrifying energy spike which was nice. I felt solid the first half of the game, which was usual. The second half was the real test. I never felt the late-game fatigue or tiredness that hits the last 10 minutes. I truly felt energized to continue playing. 

RESULTS

Now the game was only 90 minutes long plus warmup, I would say 2 hours tops. So anything beyond that I am not sure how it would have affected me, but I felt I had more in the tank when the game ended. What was even more impressive to me was my recovery. I felt great the rest of the day when usually I am beyond tired, until it is time to hit the sack. 

If you are looking for a Pre-Workout Sports Drink to try, Generation UCAN is at the top of my list. (Flavor: I chose Cranberry Raspberry, but there are others as well.)

FINAL THOUGHTS

I am a big fan of consuming protein before you're workout and Generation UCAN has the same Pre-Workout Sports Drink with protein added. Here is Generation UCAN's website, you should really check it out. I used it for soccer, but it could definitely be used for a variety of sports and competitions. Once again if you have not heard or tried out any of Generation UCAN's products, check out the website and get a product to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment