Translate

Monday, May 6, 2013

30 Day Challenge!

I have decided to start a 30 day nutrition challenge. Not because I don't eat healthy, not because I am trying to lose weight, and not because I am trying to cleanse. Rather I want to see what all the hype is about eliminating certain foods out of my diet. In this profession, experimenting on your body is the BEST experience you can get to be real with your clients and give them your best opinions. Like my mom always said, "Don't say you do not like something before you have tried it." 



THE CHALLENGE
Eliminate the following:
Gluten, Refined Sugar, Dairy
Entering this challenge I am not concerned about the gluten, but I am concerned about the dairy and refined sugar. Personally, I struggle with refined sugar because dessert is usually where my nutrition goes to poop. However, I have set myself up with the necessary support to do this.

TIPS AND TRICKS
First, if you want to join this 30 day challenge with me, go for it! Do not hold back. Here are some tips that may help along the way.

1. Make sure you have a friend to do it with. Accountability is key and will help you in the long run.
2. Know what is in your foods! Do not guess or hope that something is not in there. Do the research.
3. Plan out your meals so you know what is coming.
4. If you are going to do this, keep a journal about how you feel or what changes you may see.

HELP
If any of you have tips for a challenge like this, thoughts on substitute foods, or any advice I would love to hear it. Nothing in my training regimen will change (oly lifting, power lifting, single leg training) or my sleep schedule. I will update you all as much as I can about my journey and I hope you share about yours as well.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment