Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 2 of the 30 Day Challenge

At the end of Week 2 of the 30 day Challenge I have found some comfort in my nutrition routine. I am a person who could eat the same meals over and over again for a couple months. I admit I am a little bored of the challenge because there is no challenge anymore. However, the benefits continue to show up.

VARIETY
As you know, dessert was the toughest meal for me to find a non dairy, sugar, or gluten option. My weakness was eating cookies or s'mores because they were easily available. Once I kept them out of sight they were out of mind, but my hunger to eat something sweet before bed had not gone away. So I got creative to find other options. Fruit smoothies and protein shakes have become a staple. The protein I use is the one "dairy" source that I allow in. I am not a believer in soy protein bases and ultimately try to avoid soy on all levels.

BREAKING HABITS
Another option I found was to fill up a little more than usual for dinner and go to bed without dessert. It has helped me break my psychological habit of always eating before bed. I was always so used to eating anything before bed and honestly have not missed dessert for several years until now. There are also strong habits that people have not related to the taste of food, but also the mindset of eating.


FINAL OBSERVATIONS
I am sleeping pretty well and not waking up as many times during the night. I am snacking a lot more on nuts and dried fruits. This is something I am trying to slowly weed out of my diet habits. My lifting performance has not changed at all. I am in the process of reteaching myself my Olympic lifts and continuing to better my coaching through my own trial and errors. The soreness post-training is what I expected it to be along with my recovery.

If you have joined this challenge or are eliminating any foods in your diet, comment below! When you share your journeys it continues to inspire everyone else along theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment